Orbit Chat Bundle with Orbit reader 20
- The world’s most affordable solution for face-to-face communications
- Offers the ultimate in portability, reliability and ease of use
- Includes an Orbit Reader 20 braille display and a tablet with Orbit Chat software pre-installed and already paired with the braille display
- A blind user can use the self-voicing option of the app without the need for a screen reader. The app does NOT depend on Brailleback or Talkback
- The on-screen keyboard obviates the need for an external keyboard, but external keyboards can also be used if desired
- A history feature allows the users to scroll back and review previous messages on the Orbit Reader 20 and on the tablet
- Conversations are also saved automatically into a file with a date and time stamp
- A broadcast feature allows the deafblind user to send messages to multiple people who have the app installed
- A file transfer feature allows the exchange of files between the Orbit Reader 20 and the tablet
- Capable of supporting contracted and uncontracted braille in English and over 40 other languages.
People who are deaf and blind typically communicate with others through various means including tactile sign language and usually require a trained interpreter since most people are not familiar with such methods. The Orbit Chat system changes this forever by offering a solution that enables a deafblind person to use their Orbit Reader 20 braille display and an app running on a tablet to communicate with a sighted, blind or deaf person. The system can be used in any situation – in public settings such as markets, restaurants and classrooms or in private conversations.
Through specialized interfaces on Orbit Research’s braille and tactile graphics products and an app that runs on smartphones or tablets, the system connects via Bluetooth to provide the breakthrough ability to converse using a simple chat-style experience.
The system allows a sighted person to use a familiar chat or messaging user-interface to type messages using the tablet’s on-screen keyboard, which is immediately translated and displayed on the deafblind user’s Orbit Reader 20 device in braille. The deafblind user types her messages in braille using the braille keypad on the Orbit Reader 20 and these are translated to plain text and instantly displayed on the tablet. The app is self-voicing which allows a blind person to use it to communicate with a deafblind person without needing any special screen-reading software.
The system also includes other innovative features such as a broadcast mode which allows the deafblind user to send messages to multiple people who have the app installed, the ability to save conversations on the Orbit Reader 20 as well as on the app for later review, a file transfer feature to exchange files between the Orbit Reader 20 and the tablet. The system allows the use of contracted and uncontracted braille in English and offers support for other languages through localization.
This bundled solution provides the most affordable full-featured communication and accessibility solution for people who are deafblind.
Orbit Chat Bundle with Orbit Reader 20
- Brand: Orbit Research-Braille Note Taker-Bank Note Reader for BLV
- Product Code: Orbit Chat Bundle with Orbit Reader 20
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $1,210.00