J-Say Single User License
What is J-Say?
J-Say brings together Dragon NaturallySpeaking professional from Nuance, and JAWS For Windows from Vispero. However although the product integrates these applications, it also presents the User with an easy to understand interface enabling interaction with the computer using natural language and easy to remember and understand vocabulary.
That's Good Terminology, But What Does it Actually Mean?
It's quite simple. You can talk to the computer and it talks back to you. You can control most aspects of the computer just by using your voice, so J-Say is ideal for anyone who cannot (or does not want to use) the keyboard.
Who can use it?
As the product has evolved the range of people who are benefiting from the
technology has increased. From people who simply want to be more productive and
use their voice as an additional means of computer input and control, to
individuals who have complex combinations of needs, and who find it difficult
if not impossible to make use of computer technology using traditionally accepted methods of input access and control.
Even more remarkably many people interacting with this technology do not have a visual impairment simply finding it difficult or uncomfortable to use the computer screen and so find the J-Say approach more suited to their needs.
Can I Not Use Dragon NaturallySpeaking and JAWS for Windows Without J-Say?
In addition to our amazing J-Say features listed below, the product gives you:
· Complete echo back of your dictation. This is essential so that, as a screen-reader user, you understand that the text you have dictated is accurately reproduced.
· Complete voice access to all of the JAWS screen-reading functions.
· Many features which have been specially designed for blind people who use voice recognition technology. With 15 years of experience working with individuals who cannot use the keyboard, we truly understand the features people need to ensure they are productive and not frustrated when using the computer in this way. Many of our productivity features go way beyond those which Dragon NaturallySpeaking offers to the sighted user.
· Online help which fully explains how a blind person can independently install and use the software without sighted assistance. Our extremely comprehensive tutorial is designed with blind people in mind, and spoken context sensitive guidance is given in many areas of the program.
What applications does J-Say work with?
Complete access to this application is made possible enabling people, without having to touch the keyboard or look at the screen, to create documents, control text layout and open/save files, amongst other things.
If you need to word process, doing it the J-Say way takes away the need to use either one's hands or one's eyes, do it all controlling the application with your voice and accessing the computer screen with your ears.
If you need to work with e-mail, J-Say provides you with a set of tools to enable you to take complete control of anything e-mail related. From creating messages to Email navigation, moving and copying messages to folders, to creating special voice commands to send messages to people quickly and easily. Our user interface to Microsoft Outlook provides the user with fast, efficient and effective access and control to all aspects of the application.
Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome
J-Say technology provides intuitive access to all aspects of internet navigation and control. From the finding, launching and browsing of WebPages, to the completion of web forms such as searches and shopping carts, J-Say provides the user with natural language internet access like never before.
What Else Can I Expect from J-Say?
· Rapidly move through list items, words, lines, sentences and paragraphs and have the selected unit spoken back. No need to wait until JAWS has finished reciting the text, just speak the next command.
· Use natural language commands to gain access to the many features of JAWS for Windows. For example, say the words "Be Quiet" to instantly silence the speech synthesiser, or "talk faster" and "talk slower" to change the rate of the speech.
· Create J-Say Text Notes which can reproduce lengthy text passages (such as twenty paragraphs) with a single voice command.
· Easily work with files using Microsoft Windows Explorer and J-Say Tags. Files and folders can be marked for cutting, copying or deleting.
· Get the local weather or time zone for any city in the world or read the latest news from many sources.
· Use the J-Say Clock to set count up and count down timers and alarms, or hear Westminster Chimes throughout the day.
· Quickly and easily search on Google, Wikipedia, Amazon, eBay, Youtube and a number of online library catalogues. Ideal for people who are learning to use the internet through to the experienced user.
· Search your computer quickly for files, folder or internet favourites.
· Keep track of appointments with J-Say Diary.
· Move directly to specific sections of web pages with J-Say Alerts.
· Listen to the radio, audio files or CD's and control playback from within any program.
· Manage many aspects of iTunes from Apple.
· Dictate text into a portable recorder and have the audio transcribed as text with J-Say Audio Transcription support.
· Chat with your friends on Facebook or Skype.
· Take control of your Braille display. It is no longer necessary to remember the key combinations to control the Braille output. These commands will also prove to be a tremendous advantage to people who can read Braille, but who do not have the dexterity necessary to press buttons or keys on the unit.
Execute many commonly used procedures within the
WINDOWS operating system with voice commands. Good examples would be to move
directly to the WINDOWS
Desktop or to maximise the application and document windows, so that the program fills the entire screen.
· Teach the software how you pronounce words and phrases with our interface which allows you to easily add them to the vocabulary. Our special utility can also be used by sighted assistants if necessary. Alternatively, use the superb access to the NaturallySpeaking Professional correction system.
· The J-Say Configuration Wizard lets you take control of all the product's special functions without the need to remember a number of voice commands.
· Move through tables easily either within Internet Explorer or Microsoft Word. Again, the navigation language is simple to learn with no complications.
· Use our slick Back-Up and restore utilities to make a permanent copy of your speech files and restore them at a later date if necessary.
· And much more including support for Microsoft Excel, Skype, Twitter, and Sonos audio devices.
Further Information about J-Say
Assuming a level of Installation and Configuration is purchased, J-Say can be easily configured to allow a physically disabled and visually impaired person to independently carry out tasks such as dialling telephone numbers, through to using software-based DVD and DAISY talking book players. J-Say can also be customised to perform optimally with non-standard applications used in the workplace.
J-Say allows you to dictate text into almost any application and have the text echoed back. In the event that Dragon NaturallySpeaking itself is unable to communicate directly with the required program, the Dictation Box can be used. This is an environment where text can be dictated and edited before immediate transfer to the application. J-Say of course supports the Dictation Box.
Moreover, if you are familiar with the many J-Say screen-reading commands, the chances of you being able to work with a non-standard application without the need for scripting are high.
In terms of support, J-Say comes equipped with our extremely thorough documentation relating to installation and usage. Should a problem arise, JAWS contain a feature called JAWS Tandem, allowing us to remote onto the computer and fix problems. It has the advantage that we can hear the audio output, so we are immediately able to understand what JAWS is saying which is essential for visually impaired people. At Hartgen Consultancy, we're interested in listening - not looking.
Technical support to fix difficulties is free indefinitely to individuals. If you represent a company or organisation however, please contact us for details of consultancy visits or support fees. Training is also available to companies and organisations.
Computer Specifications and Software Requirements - What You Need to Know!
It is important that the computer on which J-Say and associated products are to be installed conforms to the following minimum specification, and that the software requirements are met.
· Pentium 4 or Core 2 Duo Processor (or laptop computer equivalent). Faster is always better!
· 4GB of RAM. This is an absolute minimum requirement.
· 16-Bit 'on board' soundcard (Full duplex) or preferably a compatible USB Digital Sound Converter.
· All releases of Microsoft Windows7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
· Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016 or 365. Office 365 is highly recommended!
J-Say Single User License
- Brand: J-Say Software to control Computer for Blind
- Product Code: J-Say Single User License
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $900.00