Orbit Research introduces the Orbit Teacher Platform. See details.
Included Free now with Orbit Reader 20.
Orbit Reader 20- Braille Display, Book Reader and Note-taker
Revolutionary Technology - A Breakthrough in Affordability.
The Orbit Reader 20 is the world’s most affordable Refresh-able Braille Display. It is a unique 3-in-1 device and serves as a self-contained book reader, a note-taker and as a braille display by connecting to a computer or smartphone via USB or Bluetooth.
Equipped with a 20-cell 8-dot display, the Orbit Reader 20 is based on revolutionary braille cell technology developed by Orbit Research. The breakthrough technology uses mainstream components and manufacturing processes to enable unique signage-quality refreshable braille at a fraction of the cost of the piezoelectric technology that has been used in braille cells so far.
Highest Quality Braille at the Lowest Price
Unique signage-quality Braille
20 eight-dot refresh-able Braille cells
Book-reader mode – read your favorite books and files from SD Card
Note-taker mode - takes notes and edits files
Braille display mode connects to computers and mobile devices over USB and Bluetooth simultaneously
Use stand-alone or connected to a computer or mobile device
Works with all popular screen readers on Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android
It provides Bluetooth and USB connectivity and can connect simultaneously to multiple devices. Using the screen reading capability on the computing device, such as Voiceover, Brailleback or popular PC screen readers the user can control the functions of their computer or smartphone, use their favorite apps, read and send text messages and email and browse the internet.
As a note-taker, the Orbit Reader offers all essential file creation and editing functions. A user can create new files, save them on SD card and edit existing files. The Orbit Reader also includes file management features, allowing the user to rename, delete, copy, and create folders and files.
The device is inherently language independent and prompts and menus can be easily localized for different geographies.
While it offers a host of features, the Orbit
Reader 20 is extremely easy to use and allows seamless and instantaneous
switching between reader, note-taker and braille display modes, as well as
selection between connected devices such as a computer or phone.
-Read and send messages and emails
-Browse the internet
-Control your computer or smartphone
-Switch easily and instantly between modes
-Full featured, high-quality Perkins-style 8-key Braille keyboard
-Cursor pad with 4-way arrows and select keys for easy navigation
-Panning control rocker keys at each end of display
It includes a high-quality Perkins style keyboard with 8 keys and a space bar. It also has a cursor pad with 4 arrow keys and a select button, as well as rocker keys on each side of the braille display to control navigation.
On the back of the unit is a recess in which are located an SD Card slot, a USB Micro B socket and a power button.
The unit is powered by a user-replaceable fast-charging lithium battery which is recharged through the USB port. It is fluid and dust resistant and its construction is optimized for durability in extreme environmental conditions.
-Micro-USB port for charging and connectivity
-Fast-charging long-life battery
-Compact, lightweight and portable (less than 1 lb., 6.6 x 4.3 x -1.25 inch)
-Solid, durable construction, resistant to fluids and dust.
What is included in Package.
The Orbit Reader 20 package includes a cable, charger and SD card.
Orbit Teacher – A teaching platform for the inclusive classroom
- Enables teachers in mainstream classrooms to seamlessly interact with blind students through an app on a smartphone, computer or tablet
- Connects over Bluetooth to the student’s Orbit Reader 20 braille display.
- Provides a real-time text translation of the braille being read or written by the student on the device.
- Provides ability to develop and deliver educational materials in the form of interactive lessons and tutorials
- Tutorials can also leverage audio and speech capabilities from the smartphone, PC or tablet
- Integrated file-transfer feature to exchange classwork and homework materials between student and teacher
- Capable of supporting Contracted and Uncontracted braille in English and over 40 other languages
- Requires a free license to be activated to use with an Orbit Reader 20. Contact us with the serial number of your unit at email@example.com to receive the license file.
Orbit Reader 20
- Brand: Orbit Research-Braille Note Taker-Bank Note Reader for BLV
- Product Code: Orbit Reader 20
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $950.00
Tags: Orbit Reader 20